Matthew 12:1-21 - The Ridiculous Insanity of Religious Fanaticism



At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, “Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.”

"[Jesus said] it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”

But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.


Eating when you're hungry and healing folks are unlawful, but killing someone is ...

Really, Pharisees? Are you kidding me?!


Pray: Please Lord, help the blind religionists to wake up before they hurt anybody else. Help us all to emulate Christ, of whom You said -


 18 “Here is my servant whom I have chosen,
   the one I love, in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
   and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
19 He will not quarrel or cry out;
   no one will hear his voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed he will not break,
   and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,
till he has brought justice through to victory. 




No comments:

Post a Comment