October 8 - Colossians 3:18-4:18 - When I Relate to Others, I'm Relating to You

Good day, everybody in Blogland. Speaking of "With Christ in the Redwoods," I'm getting ready to head up to our Annual Men's Retreat. We spend a weekend in the Redwoods encouraging and challenging each other and renewing our love for the Lord. It is so far off the beaten path that I will not have the ability to connect with this site until Sunday night. So, now it's your turn!

I'll post the headings today for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and it will be up to you to leave comments on the day's passage for me to read when I get back.

That's right; I'm turning the blog over to you for the weekend.

I look forward to what God has to say through you. Make time to read and think prayerfully, and then share with us what comes to the surface.

Keep the guys in prayer, too. Our theme this year is, "STAND!"

_______________________________________

Here's what I think is the heart of today's text (not just for the slave/master relationship as in the context, but applicable to all):

"...with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."



No comments:

Post a Comment